SpamAssassin Rulesets

Randy Smith randys at amigo.net
Mon May 5 09:05:11 PDT 2003

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Wolfpaw - Dale Corse wrote:

> Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:14:05 -0600
> From: Wolfpaw - Dale Corse <admin-lists at wolfpaw.net>
> To: Randy Smith <randys at amigo.net>
> Cc: "freebsd-isp at freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp at freebsd.org>
> Subject: RE: SpamAssassin Rulesets
>
> Hi Randy,
>
>   User config from a webpage.. very nice. Could you perhaps
> expand more on how to do that? I see what appears to be defaults
> in your config there.. but how does spamassassin know what the
> user selects?

I store the results in a MySQL db as described in
http://www.spamassassin.org/dist/sql/README. The user_scores_* settings
in the config that I posted tell SA where the settings are.

The username column is set to the user's email address. SA keys of that
column to find the user's settings.

> Doing it via a webpage would be nice and smooth, If you wouldn't
> mind dropping a few hints I would appreciate it :)

Actually, I provide two interfaces. The first is based on php-sa which is
listed in the README above. This code is ugly but works.

The second interface is a plugin to SquirrelMail called SpamAssassin+SQL
(sasql). It's a much nicer interface and a lot easier to add new supported
settings to the interface. (In the intrests of full disclosure, I should
mention here that I wrote sasql.)