SpamAssassin Rulesets

Randy Smith randys at amigo.net
Fri May 2 07:32:04 PDT 2003

On Thu, 1 May 2003, Chris Cook wrote:

> Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 12:56:02 -0500
> From: Chris Cook <ccook at tcworks.net>
> To: "freebsd-isp at freebsd.org" <freebsd-isp at freebsd.org>
> Subject: SpamAssassin Rulesets
>
> Does anyone have a really good local.cf for their SpamAssassin installs
> that they use in a real-world ISP environment?  I figured this would be
> a good place to ask if people were willing to share their "tweaked"
> config to help the spam fighters.  Of course being in the ISP
> environment the config would have to be somewhat forgiving.
>
> Thanks for any feedback.

Below is what I use. I allow users to set their own settings stored in a
mysql db. Note: the 'defang_mime' and 'report_header' went away with SA
2.50-ish. (I just haven't pulled them from my config yet.)

-----

use_dcc                 0
spam_level_stars        0
skip_rbl_checks         0
dcc_add_header          1
allow_user_rules        0
all_spam_to             postmaster at amigo.net abuse at amigo.net

# User configurable via web page.
rewrite_subject         0
report_header           1
defang_mime             0
use_terse_report        0

user_scores_dsn                 DBI:mysql:Accounts:10.1.1.1
user_scores_sql_username        <user>
user_scores_sql_password        <pass>
user_scores_sql_table           SA_userprefs

--
Randy Smith
Amigo.Net Systems Administrator