Block exe files with Sendmail

Borja Marcos borjam at sarenet.es
Mon Jun 9 02:12:40 PDT 2003

	This regular expressions were suggested by Hobbit in a Postfix mail list
last year. It rejects any executable file, regardless of its name,
extension, extension of the extension, MIME type, etc.

	/^TV[nopqr]....[AB]..A.A....*AAAA...*AAAA/

	Some people didn't like them, but I think this is a very effective way of
dealing with viruses. These lists are applied always in some mail servers
I administer, and they have rejected every infected message they have
received.

	Of course, you must tell your users not to send executables, a bad
practice.

	Borja.