Mirroring Solution

Scott Gerhardt scott at g-it.ca
Sat Jun 7 11:46:26 PDT 2003

Does anyone know of a good way to mirror two servers running Apache, PHP and
MySQL on FreeBSD 4.8?

The ideal solution would be real-time (synchronous) or near-real-time
mirroring.  The failover transfer is already taken care of.

I think Rsync run from cron would do a good job of syncing the relatively
static files (configs, php scripts etc.).  I don't think Rsync would be a
good way of mirroring the MySQL DB though.  For that, I'm thinking of using
MySQL's built in replication.

I think dumping the MySQL data and importing into the slave would be a bit
clumsy and slow especially when the DB grows quite large.

Does anyone on the list have any recommendations or experience with
mirroring of this type?

Any other recommendations besides Rsync + MySQL replication?

Thanks,

--
Scott Gerhardt, P.Geo.
Gerhardt Information Technologies [G-IT]