login class for mail users

Wolfpaw - Dale Corse admin-lists at wolfpaw.net
Thu Jun 5 10:00:12 PDT 2003

Could someone be attacking the port spamd is on? You should only
need one spamd I think.. that's all we have going.. looks like:

spamc    18863  0.0  0.8 25396 4180 ?        S    May24   1:18 perl
/usr/local/bin/spamd -L -x -d -u spamc

and anything it spawns would run as spamc.. you may want to consider
maybe replacing spamd with a script that invokes a limited shell
(lshell maybe?) and that way.. you could limit how many it can
spawn.. perhaps you can write a script to check and see if there
is a spam error and restart spamd.. not sure.. mine doesn't have
this problem :(

Hope something helps :)
D.
Dale Corse