Perl stops running

Jean M. Vandette vandj at securenet.net
Mon Jun 2 06:55:18 PDT 2003

Greetings all...

Our web server seems to have developed a hiccup and I was hoping that
someone could tell me what the fix was, her is a snip of the log error message

[warn] send body: filedescriptor (1042) larger than FD_SETSIZE (1024)
found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE
[warn] send body: filedescriptor (1042) larger than FD_SETSIZE (1024)
found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE
[warn] send body: filedescriptor (1042) larger than FD_SETSIZE (1024)
found, you probably need to rebuild Apache with a larger FD_SETSIZE

I don't know where in apache to increase FD_SETSIZE or if it is really the
issue.
Perl seems to be the only thing effected as it stops executing scripts.

After a reboot things run fine for about 24 hours.

Please advise

Jean M. Vandette

**John M. Vandette, Consultant       vandj at securenet.net**
**SecureNet Information Services Inc. Internet Providers**
**100 Alexis Nihon Blvd #283 St. Laurent, Quebec, Canada**
**"Who does BSD Unix....?"    "We do Chucky... We do..."**