Ideal mail server: qmail or postfix

Max Clark max.clark at media.net
Tue Jul 22 09:21:36 PDT 2003

It should be pointed out...

Yahoo mail (how many million users do you think they have?) is running
qmail-ldap. The Maildir's are on NetApp filers, the lists are running
exmlm-idx, the web interface seems to be based off of sqWebMail, and the
ldap backend is Novell.

qmail is a PITA to learn, but wasn't sendmail, or n*x for that matter too?

Don't forget about the daemontools. If you haven't used daemontools you need
to take a good long look.

I don't have any experiance with exim, honestly I haven't found the need to
look elsewhere.

-Max