PSA 1.13 Linux -> PSA 6 FreeBSD

Eric Veraart eric at monkey-online.net
Sat Dec 27 10:39:50 PST 2003

> >I was wondering about the best strategy. Up 'til now I figured the best
> way was:
> >- Install a temporary server with Linux
> >- copy psa 1.13 and passwd/group files to it,
> >- update to psa 5.0
> >- update to psa 6
> >- use the backup util and place the backup on the FreeBSD server
>
>This sounds like a good plan.  How many accounts, etc.?

84 clients, 286 domains, 142 hosting accounts and 413 e-mail accounts.

> >I have already found MySQL commands
> >in the etc dir of PSA 6, to update the 1.13 db to psa 2 -> 5 -> 6 which
> >worked flawlessly. The problem however is that the sysusers won't be
> created.
>
>Here's some stuff about the Plesk Backup Utilites:
>http://tinyurl.com/yv8xo

I've already read those, but the backup utilities don't seem to support a
MySQL dump only restore mode or something. They expect a dump made by
psadump, which includes a whole lot of other stuff.

> >I'm not so into the way PSA handles the database info for creating system
> >files. I already informed about the costs for SW-Soft of doing the
> >transfer, but they couldn't tell how long it would take and thus how much
> >it would cost, so that's not an option.
>
>They did a 2.5 -> 5 upgrade for me.  It was fast and efficient.  Done
>from Russia.

They said they could do it, but what I don't like is that they couldn't
give a quote. If it's to expensive I could as well hire cheap labour to
fill in the new server by hand...

>Sorry, I couldn't be more help.  You may find more useful answers on
>the Plesk forum on Monday.
>
>Please let us know how it went for you.

Thanks anyway, it's a shame that no one seems to know how Plesks handles
the MySQL backend.