ssh and keys

John Brooks john at day-light.com
Sat Dec 20 14:41:56 PST 2003

something like this should work for the backup

/usr/local/bin/rsync -av --rsh="ssh -l username -i /path/to/key"
host.domain.tld:/path/to/files /local/path/to/storage

there are more options, omitted for brevity, check "man rsync"

I have a series of these in a file, executed nitely via cron

--
John Brooks
john at stlbsd.org