Managing Maildirs

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Fri Dec 19 11:32:30 PST 2003

Bill Campbell wrote:

>Number one above will do the trick and is far more efficient than using the
>``find ...-exec'', although you might want to modify it to only nuke mail
>over a certain age.  To nuke all trash over 30 days old:
>
>	find /home/*/Maildir/.Trash -type f -mtime +30 | xargs rm

On a totally unrelated note,  I'm thinking about switching from mbox
formatted mailboxes using imap, to a more robust and faster imap server
that uses maildirs.  My problem is, I have pop users, imap users, and
elm/mutt/pine users on the same box.  Does elm/mutt/pine work ok with
maildirs?  What about sendmail?  What should I be looking out for?

Eric