When FreeBSD have higer performans than Linux and When Linux have higher performans than FreeBSD

Vahric MUHTARYAN vahric at doruk.net.tr
Thu Dec 11 12:43:43 PST 2003

Hi Everybody ,

    I red Explaining BSD documents and on 4.7 Which should I use , BSD or
Linux section it said that " BSD systems , in particular FreeBSD , can have
notably higer performans than Linux but this is not accross the board In
many cases , there is little or no difference in performans. In some cases ,
LInux may performa better than FreeBSD .

    *Now , I wonder When or Which situations FreeBSD have more performans
than Linux ?!

    *I wondor too When or Which situations Linux have more performasn than
FreeBSD ?!

    I used Linux too much but I never use FreeBSD in production Env. because
of this I can't compare it

    Thanks
    Vahric