offline disk redundancy

Arie J. Gerszt arie at gerszt.ch
Wed Dec 10 23:58:58 PST 2003

Hi

I hope to find the right "gurus" here for my question.

I have a server (A) which has a 9 GB SCSI boot disk. I would like to backup
this disk
in such a manner, that I can easily put the entire content on another disk
(upon failure)
of the disk. This needs as I understand boot loader, mbr information copied
too.

I'd guess dd could do this. But I cannot be completely sure that the 2 disks
are
geometrically equal (there both 9 GB SCSI but different vendors).

What procedure would you suggest for doing this?

Thanks,
Arie