Who are using FreeBSD for Hosting Env. and Which Update Method

Kurt Jaeger lists at complx.LF.net
Tue Dec 9 14:38:15 PST 2003

Hi!

> Do you alwyas update freebsd's when new stable version released ?

We update if security requirements and SLAs force us to do so.

> like 4.9 to 5.2

We only did upgrades from the 4.x (x being 2-8) to 4.9 until know.

4.9 -> 5.x: We plan to do it, but I've read that there are issues
with it. Jens Schweikhardt (one of the committers) recently
posted some in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc.

We will upgrade our 3.x to 4.x by re-installing, not by using
cvsup. I've heard of people who upgraded from 2.x releases
up to latest releases using only cvsup.

--
MfG/Best regards, Kurt Jaeger                                  17 years to go !
LF.net GmbH        fon +49 711 90074-23  pi at LF.net