Who are using FreeBSD for Hosting Env. and Which Update Method

Adam Maloney adamm at sihope.com
Tue Dec 9 13:49:07 PST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 15:39, Vahric MUHTARYAN wrote:
> Thank I think I will use your method :)) and you method is everyones methode

That's been our experience too - most everyone I talk to rebuilds
everything from source to upgrade.

> and one more question I'm linux admin I can say more Redhat Admin :) We have
> Redhat 7.2 , 7.3 , 8.0 and 9.0 server but I did not think to update or
> promode any server  to new version  Do you alwyas update freebsd's when new
> stable version released  ? like 4.9 to 5.2

I usually only update for security reasons, and then only on machines
that are affected.  I've never run into a situation where I've needed
some new feature/bugfix in the latest -stable, other than for security.