web mail

Adam Maloney adamm at sihope.com
Fri Dec 5 07:00:10 PST 2003

There is an auth_mysql module that comes with it, it looks like you can
specify the database and table information, and the field names and
types, so it knows how to authenticate.  It does support crypted
passwords in mysql.

There is a section in the manual on setting up virtual domains/users.
Our setup is authentication through NIS, virtual users in virtusertable
(just Sendmail here).

We have our users login as user at domain, and OWM actually expands the
login name from virtusertable.  It gives the user a list of their
possible From addresses, based on the virtuser entries for that login
(so if they have multiple addresses with the same login, they can choose
which one their e-mail comes from.)

As far as reading from the /var/spool/virtual/DOMAIN/USER/Maildir - I'm
not sure whether OWM supports Maildir format, you'll have to check the
docs.  There is a mailspooldir configuration option.  There is also an
option to use hashed spool directories (/var/mail/a/d/adamm) which you
can probably use as a starting point for making it use your version of
the mail spool.  This is in openwebmail.pl