multiple SSL key's on one IP several Vhosts...

David Lubowa ziggy at one2net.co.ug
Wed Apr 16 08:17:55 PDT 2003

how will a setup like this sound to you ....

1. create a directory vhost_80 and vhost_ssl
2. create a file .vhost.conf in your created directories chowned www:www
3. have an Include /path/to/vhost_80 (this is under the none default ssl
Vhost) this is done in the httpd.conf
4. have an Include /path/to/vhost_ssl (this is under the default ssl Vhost)
this is done in the httpd.conf
5. in the vhost_* directories you could have something like this:

vhost_80:
----------

* you have a file foo.bar.com and within that file you have

#foo.bar.com Vhost#
    ServerAdmin webmaster at blah.com
    DocumentRoot /blah/bloo/blue
    ServerName mine.foo.bar.com
    ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/blah/error.log
    CustomLog /var/log/httpd/blah/access.log common

and in the .vhost.conf file you have a line like Include
/path/to/vhost_80/foo.bar.com

this will make your Vhost accessable , you do the same for the vhost_ssl,
with all the ssl stuff within, you could write a script to do all this for
you , which could be a good idea rather than doing alot of hard work :)

i hope this helps

cheers

david