chan_capi in a jail

Paul Schenkeveld freebsd at psconsult.nl
Wed Dec 14 09:07:59 UTC 2011

I used the instructions from http://www.selasky.org/hans_petter/isdn4bsd/:

  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile.v1
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/Makefile.v2
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc_1_7_4.tar.bz2
  fetch http://www.turbocat.net/~hselasky/isdn4bsd/releases/FreeBSD/1_7_4/new_ihfc_1_7_4.diff.bz2

> See keyword delegate in isdnconfig manual page.
>
> Before: use isdnconfig delegate XXX:YYY
> New: use chown XXX:YYY /dev/capi

I wasn't aware of delegation thru isdnconfig, never needed it when I built
my previous PBX with Asterisk 1.2 on FreeBSD 6.2.  After adding isdnconfig
to the jail startup, asterisk now sees the CAPI driver.  I'll connect it
to the ISDN line on saturday and see how it works.

Thanks!

Paul Schenkeveld