chan_capi in a jail

Paul Schenkeveld freebsd at psconsult.nl
Tue Dec 13 11:56:49 UTC 2011

Hi Hans Petter,

I'd like to run my asterisk pbx inside a jail but it appears that the
capi driver refuses to respond to jailed processes.  I have made
/dev/capi* visible inside the jail (and for test I made all of /dev
visible) but chan_capi responds with:

  [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: The CAPI device is not present or accessible!
  [Dec 13 02:58:47] WARNING[49242] chan_capi.c: CAPI is disabled!

Using 'capitest -d 255 -i <mynum> -o <mynum>' outside the jail I can call
my own number and hear the phone ring, the same command run inside a jail
terminates with:

  CAPI 2.0 not installed! Or insufficient access rights.

Using 8.2p4 and freshly downloaded i4b and chan_capi here.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul Schenkeveld