ISDN status on FreeBSD?

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Wed Jul 23 23:19:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

In the past I've used an AVM C4 and Thomas Wintergerst's CAPI4BSD
implementation to get a BRI interface for my FreeBSD Asterisk servers and
they're still running great after a few years.  It has been over a year
since my last setup like that and I know AVM have since discontinued all
their multiport BRI cards.

It looks like the only multiport BRI cards left are the passive ones (eg.
HFC based cards).  What I've found with some googling is about 2 years old,
and I know ISDN4BSD was recently removed from 7.0 onwards.

Does anyone know what is the current and forseeable future status of using
passive BRI cards with Asterisk under FreeBSD?

Thanks,

Aragon
(wishing partial PRIs were feasable here)