capi4hylafax is not compiling

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Jun 12 09:26:49 UTC 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Martin Waedt wrote:

Hi,

> i spended a whole weekend trying to compile capi4hylafax. has anyone

been there...

> done this successfully?. at first i had to fix some things in the
> configure scripte regarding the tifflib. after that was done the
> configure script finished successfully.  but after that make failed.
> i´ve heard that some people are actually using capi4hylafax so i hope
> that one of these people is reading the list an can tell me what i have
> to do.
> it would bei really frustrating to give up now, after i finally got my
> passive isdn card working with capi support. someone also created a port

which card and how?

> for capi4hylafax but that port isn´t working
> (http://www.shellbang.org/freebsd/introducingc4b.html . you have to
> scroll down to the isdn faxserver part). thanks in advance.

Yeah that was me initially but as my website says:

---- http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/ports/experimental/ ----
If you are looking for the (experimental) capi4hylafax port
- I am no longer maintaining it. Please see Jan Stocker's page
http://www.shellbang.org/freebsd/portsandpatches.html.
----

Actually that's no longer fully true but I am not near c4hylafax yet.

That time I gave up after trying to port/make compile the CVS version
at that time because the tarball was really outdated but failed after
days. Since then a lot of things have changed.

> here are the output of configure and the make error.

That error looks easy to solve but I guess there will be more.

It would be help to know what sources you tried to compile and how.
Apart from that (but not related to the error) I think you needed
gmake to get it compile in the past.

You can also reply in private (in your native lang;) to avoid longer
debugging sessions on the list and we can summarize afterwards.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.