ISDN4BSD - Dropped Calls

Oliver von Bueren maillist at ovb.ch
Sun Jan 7 02:16:14 PST 2007

Hi Hans Petter

Hans Petter wrote:
> Most ISDN equipment I have seen never queries for STATUS, whatsoever.
> So maybe your provider did not see a reason to support that.
> > If I find anything, I'll keep you posted.
> > If you've any ideas on how to fix my problem, drop me a
> >note.
> I could implement an option that allows you to disable checking of
> status, but I really don't like to do that.
[...]
> You can try putting:
> if (send_status_enquiry) {
>     newstate--;
> }
> Before:
> cd->state = newstate;
> That will prevent the status expiry timer from elapsing.
I've tested you suggestion and of course it worked. According to the
trace, the STATUS_ENQUIRY is never answered by the PBX but as the timer
doesn't expire, no disconnect is made.

I understand your point about not liking this workaround. But if you
could add an option (isdnconfig ?) to switch it on/off would be great.

Thanks and have a nice weekend!

Oliver