cross-compiling HPS i4b

Paul Schenkeveld fb-isdn at psconsult.nl
Tue Dec 11 05:48:17 PST 2007

Hi,

I've been happily using Hans Petters i4b on FreeBSD for about a year now
and decided to replace my asterisk machine by a Soekris net5501.

Usually I prepare images for Soekris hardware on a fast development
server which holds source trees for many target systems.

Following the instructions to obtain i4b and chan_capi sources and
patches through svn and bring them into the tree appears to be a real
challenge as the Makefiles expect sources to live under /usr/src and
also touch files under /boot/kernel.  I tried to set up a chroot tree
and work in there but then I would need svn and gmake (for chan_capi)
and a /boot/kernel within the chroot tree too.

Is there a simple and clean way to bring HPS i4b into a source tree
which is not in /usr/src and on a different machine than the target
machine?

Thanks in advance and HPS thank you for making this i4b and chan_capi
available!

Regards,

Paul Schenkeveld