Support of ISDN Subsystem under Freebsd 6.x/7.x - amd64

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Sun Dec 2 04:00:09 PST 2007

On Sun, 2 Dec 2007, Oliver von Bueren wrote:

Hi,

> So for me it's the choice of having old code in the tree, which kind of works
> but does not cover my needs anymore OR move on and incorporate a newer
> version having moved into the current days with support of hardware that is
> available. Or does someone still use the 8bit Teles ISA ISDN card? I have
> once, but they are long gone, don't have a system with ISA anymore.

I still have some Teles cards around and they have been working fine,
so why should I replace them? I don't need a PCIE only quad core machine to
drive an ISDN line.

That said, what would "your needs" be? List them. All. With details. People
need to know about them.

> view. Integrating it into the main tree would perhaps attract some more
> developers and it would be possible to have it on all builds, amd64 included,
> as a working stack, if enough interest is around.

If there would be enough interest, more people would have stood up and
- helped with the current code
- helped hps with his code to get it in
- ...

No, there is great demand but only few hands.

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.