Support of ISDN Subsystem under Freebsd 6.x/7.x - amd64

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sat Dec 1 09:19:37 PST 2007

On Saturday 01 December 2007, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Dec 2007 12:53:55 +0100
>
> Oliver von Bueren <maillist at ovb.ch> wrote:
> > I still don't know why nobody bothers to include the i4b by HPS into the
> > main tree. I couldn't use the built-in stack since ages because of the
> > lack of proper card support for passive cards with CAPI support, which
> > is working in his version. Active ones might be better in the tree.
>
> HPS has a rather arcane coding style which makes it hard to maintain
> his code in the tree. We don't want code in the tree which can be
> maintained/understood by only one external developer.
>
> As a port it would probably be OK, but it might be difficult to
> integrate it cleanly. Still, there are other ports which touch the
> kernel, so it should be doable. AFAIK HPS hasn't considered this
> possiblility.

Hi Gary,

Regarding code style I have a script that will make the code more FreeBSD KNF
compliant. I just haven't had time to work so much at it. If you think you
can do better I will gladly accept patches and improvements into my SVN repo.

When I started out on ISDN4BSD more than 6 years ago everything was greek to
me. Now I understand it all. Maybe that is the problem. You have to spend
more time to understand others code ?

--HPS