chan_capi / liblinuxcapi build error on FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE

Cian Hughes cian at cian.ws
Fri Sep 22 00:28:25 PDT 2006

Ok, here are some hackish instructions to tie you over until I sort
out something better...
1. Install c4b 1.1.1
2. Install Asterisk
3 Download the contents of http://cian.ws/~cian/isdn/
4 extract them
5. cd capi20-cian; gmake; gmake install
6. cd ../chan_capi*; gmake C4B=yes; gmake C4B=yes install

Now try starting asterisks, if/when the above fails drop me a mail.

~Cian Hughes
E  cian at cian.ws
M +353-86-8465317
P +353-1-4991205

On 21 Sep 2006, at 22:47, Aragon Gouveia wrote:

> [...]
>> E  cian at cian.ws
>> M +353-86-8465317
>> P +353-1-4991205
>>

>> On 20 Sep 2006, at 15:14, Aragon Gouveia wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've tried mailing Jan Stocker about this, but so far no response.
>>> I was
>>> hoping someone else might have had this problem and could help me
>>> fix it.
>>>
>>> I have Jan's chan_capi and liblinuxcapi ports installed in my ports
>>> tree on
>>> a FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE machine.  liblinuxcapi will not build.  Here
>>> is the
>>> transcript:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> # pwd
>>> /usr/ports/comms/liblinuxcapi
>>> # make
>>> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
>>> ===>  Extracting for liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201
>>> => MD5 Checksum OK for isdn4k-utils-CVS-2005-02-01.tar.bz2.
>>> => No SHA256 checksum recorded for isdn4k-utils-
>>> CVS-2005-02-01.tar.bz2.
>>> ===>  Patching for liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201
>>> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201
>>> ===>   liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201 depends on executable in : gmake -
>>> found
>>> ===>  Configuring for liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201
>>> configure: WARNING: you should use --build, --host, --target
>>> configure: error: cannot find sources (capi20.c) in . or ..
>>> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>>> Please report the problem to Jan.Stocker at t-online.de [maintainer]
>>> and attach the
>>> "/usr/ports/comms/liblinuxcapi/work/isdn4k-utils-CVS-2005-02-01/
>>> capi20/config.log"
>>> including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it
>>> might be
>>> a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on
>>> your system
>>> (e.g. an ls /var/db/pkg).
>>> *** Error code 1
>>>
>>> Stop in /usr/ports/comms/liblinuxcapi.
>>> ---
>>>
>>> I think the problem is automake/autoconf related.  I've tried going
>>> into the
>>> capi20 directory, deleting the configure script and recreating it
>>> by running
>>> autoconf259.  The build then progresses further, but then configure
>>> can't
>>> find automake, autoheader, aclocal, and autoconf.  I have autoconf
>>> 2.59 and
>>> automake 1.9 installed on this machine and have tried creating
>>> symlinks to
>>> the versioned binaries in /usr/local/bin.  Configure then finds the
>>> above,
>>> but is now complaining about libtool:
>>>
>>> ---
>>> config.status: creating Makefile
>>> ===>  Building for liblinuxcapi-cvs-20050201
>>> cd . && aclocal
>>> aclocal:configure.in:10: warning: macro M_PROG_LIBTOOL' not
>>> cd . && automake --foreign Makefile
>>> Makefile.am:8: Libtool library used but IBTOOL' is undefined
>>> Makefile.am:8:
>>> Makefile.am:8: The usual way to define IBTOOL' is to add C_PROG_LI
>>> BT
>>> OOL'
>>> Makefile.am:8: to onfigure.in' and run clocal' and utoconf'
>>> again.
>>> Makefile.am: required file ./compile' not found
>>> gmake: *** [Makefile.in] Error 1
>>> *** Error code 2
>>> ---
>>>
>>> I'm in a bit over my head here, hence the random hacks at a fix.
>>> Can anyone
>>> help me with this please?  Looks like a library dependancy issue to
>>> me...
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Aragon