ISDN4BSD / ihfc0 in NT-mode setup

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Wed Nov 8 15:13:52 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 08 November 2006 15:40, Daniel Hartmeier wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 08, 2006 at 03:12:33PM +0100, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> > You need to configure "isdnd" before you can use "isdnphone". Try running
> > "capitest -u 0 -i 1 -o 1" instead.

It seems like you have configure the NT-side to P2P mode.

Try running "isdnconfig -u 0 -p DRVR_DSS1_NT".

Then "cat /dev/i4b > /dev/null &" or run "capitest -u 0 -i 1 -o 1".

Then pickup the phone. Have "isdndecode" running concurrently. Do you hear the
dialtone ?

> There is still no tone one the phone and it still produces the
> "No connection" message, but I hope the output above might tell
> what is wrong.
>
> > If the messages you get use TEI 0 then it is P2P_NT you need to setup.
>
> They do, right?

The message "TEI Identity message = REQUEST" means that Point to Multipoint
mode is used.

> > "isdntest" can do some basic testing, but "capitest" is better.
> > "isdntest" is not installed by default.
>
> Does the output above look ok? Does it mean the cabling is fine?

I am not sure if the cable is fine, but at least you receive messages.

You can double check the crossover with "man ihfc".

> Next thing I need to do is set up isdnd, and then I can use capitest
> to dial from the FreeBSD box to the phone (or does capitest itself
> not require isdnd)?

"capitest" does not require "isdnd".

--HPS