Sound delay in i4b

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Mon May 15 07:38:42 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Sunday 14 May 2006 22:57, Dirk Thannhäuser wrote:
> On May 14, 2006, at 3:18 PM, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:

> > Do you have SVN installed?
>
> yes i have. I checked out the version which included both, the i4b
> and the chan_capi. Is ist possible that my version was to old?
> I just did a new checkout.
> Subversion says "Checked out revision 264."

That should be the latest version. It was fixed in "Revision 257", which was
after that I released Version 1.6.0 in April.

> Are there any "cheap" HFC-4S cards out there for testing?

There exist some developer kits, but they are not so easy to get a hand on.
The only place I know that sales HFC-4S are:

http://shop.beronet.com

And maybe "http://www.junghanns.net/".

> I think that this also means that i am not able to run one card
> (HFC-1S) in slave mode, getting the clock from the other to keep them
> in sync without soldering.

Yes.

> For Voice over IP a huger delay might be ok. thats also my opinion.
> but what about Faxing over ISDN. Here I think latency is an important
> issue. (didn't test the CAPI Fax receiption, yet)

Faxing works, but really you need to use line interconnect to get faxing
working reliably. Or you can receive the fax in asterisk. That also works.

--HPS