Sound delay in i4b

Dirk Thannhäuser dt at dtinnovations.com
Sun May 14 12:28:54 UTC 2006

Hello Folks,

i compiled successfully the new isdn4bsd and chan_capi on FreeBSD 6.
chan_capi also works fine with asterisk. As already mentiones
somebody before there is a huge delay on the channel when
transferring sound. (256ms?)
I experienced this using the echo test application in Asterisk.
As a result I began diving into the i4b source to check out the
problem. Soon I got stuck as I couldn't find any source for the delay
in the driver itself. (it was the first look into the source, and i
am currently learing how things work an fit together) Maybe that the
delay is _only_ an issue while processing sound an that i am seeking
for the problem at the wrong place.
Is there anybody who has some advice?
I would be very interested in doing "some work" an to contribute to
the project.

Dirk