New ISDN driver (update)

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Sun Oct 23 16:51:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have just uploaded another pre-release of my ISDN+USB driver. It should be
very easy to install.

Here are some of the changes:

- This time I have fixed and tested the Fritz driver, but only "Fritz PnP/PCI
version 1", "AVM A1" and "AVM Fritz!Card (ISA)", is supported. I have also
made some improvements to NT-mode. Primary rate, E1, has also got some fixes.
Also I have fixed some compilation issues with the latest FreeBSD 6.0
release.

- There is a new utility called "isdnconfig" that can be used to configure the
mode of the D-channel.

- There is a NetBSD 2.x port of this driver available. See the driver info
file for more information.

My driver now works well with Asterisk, using the "chan_capi" module. Just
recently I made the following setup:

Wireless ISDN phone <-> crossover cable <-> HFC-S USB <-> chan_capi <->
Asterisk <-> PPP <-> Winbond USB TA <-> internet <-> SIP-provider

And it worked pretty well. Around 33kbit/s was used by the audio stream,
though it is worth to mention that the sound degraded quickly when I started
downloading things from the internet. Most likely the problem was that my ISP
did not give priority to the UDP frames carrying the sound. Using a 128K
internet connection might improve the situation.

I have put some example configuration files at:
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/asterisk/

Here is a document that describes some of the supported features:
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/driver_info_6.txt

Download the three files below into a new directory and type "make
install". To uninstall type "make deinstall".

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/155/Makefile
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.tar.bz2
http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/new_ihfc_1_5_5.diff.bz2

Type "make help" for more help.