Asterisk on FreeBSD + ISDN BRI

Thomas Wintergerst Thomas.Wintergerst at nord-com.net
Thu Jun 2 13:38:39 PDT 2005

Hello all,

Some points from my side regarding several points addressed in the
discussion.

First of all, as Hellmuth mentioned, you _can_ use Asterisk on FreeBSD
through capi_chan. But currently it needs one of the ISDN adapters
supported by c4b. Have a look at
<http://www.nord-com.net/thomas.wintergerst/> and for capi_chan and
Asterisk at <http://www.shellbang.org>. Currently only the active ISDN
boards from AVM are supported. The next version of c4b will also have
support for ITK IX1 Basic, Octo and Primary boards, also called Digi
Datafire Basic, etc. after Digi took over ITK.

It is true, currently c4b only supports active controllers. But that's
merely because before c4b FreeBSD did not support any active cards
(o.k., the people with iavc/i4bcapi were a bit quicker than me).

But this does not mean, c4b will never support any passive boards. It
only needs someone willing to implement a c4b driver for them. Maybe one
could rewrite the i4b stack and put a CAPI layer on top of it. Of course
I could provide the CAPI layer, but most of my spare time I will spend
on a driver for Eicon Server boards.

--
Regards,
Thomas