New ISDN driver

Michael Reifenberger mike at Reifenberger.com
Tue Aug 16 17:16:08 GMT 2005

On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> Well, doesn't "i4l_" indicate that this came from "ISDN4LINUX" ?
>
> If you "cat" all the files in "/sys/i4b" and search for the word "linux" or
> "Linux" you will get some hits.
>
> So I suspect that some parts of the drivers in "/sys/i4b/layer1" are
> derivatives of Linux. And I have got some hints about that too. So maybe we
> should just drop support for some hardware, and stick with the chip-drivers I
> have written from scratch ? Else we might end up getting a bad rumor about
> stealing code from Linux.

The occurance of [Ll]inux or l_* doesnt imply that these files are from linux.
/sys/compat/linux/* files are stuffed with these letters.
Usually they are for compatibility reasons.
So its not reasonable to suspect any I4B files to be linux tainted.

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger at plaut.de | Priv: Michael at Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com