New ISDN driver

Hellmuth Michaelis hm at kts.org
Fri Aug 12 14:32:25 GMT 2005

Michael Reifenberger wrote:

> So now we have stock I4B, your I4B and C4B.
>
> Has there been any effords to merge the whole lot (at least) into -current?

With regards to Hans Petters ISDN driver:

There are for shure some parts of Hans Petters driver which fix bugs and/or
enhance i4b and therefore should be integrated into i4b.

I consider large portions of his code unreadable and as such unmaintainable
for me and i will not import this code to FreeBSD, not as a whole and not as
pieces. In case anyone wants to merge and/or import Hans Petters driver in
its current form into FreeBSD she/he is with regards to me free to do so.

Last time i looked at this, several drivers which are essential were marked
as not tested and/or not available.

Several times i have requested that Hans Petter should clean up his code
and break it into overseeable patches so new functionality and bug fixes
could be imported incrementally without breaking running code, but he is
as it looks to me either not able or not willing to do so.

I'm really tired of this subject and wasting time writing mail on this
back and forth and back and forth.

With regards to c4b:

Thomas has gotten a commit bit and is working to get everything up and
running to import c4b asap.

I think its absolute essential and necessary to get c4b into FreeBSD and
it might be that this has also a positive impact on the future life of i4b.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                      mbl +49 (0)160 96455696
secion GmbH                                             fon +49 (0)40 389071-0