driver for usr 3409 pci ta

n0g0013 ttz at cobbled.net
Sun Sep 26 07:34:43 PDT 2004

On 26.09-17:17, Juha-Matti Liukkonen wrote:
[ ... ]
> based on the chip id, your device should map to the generic Winbond
> 6692 with iwic just fine.

that's what i thought initially but since i was hacking the
iwic driver at the time i checked the probe.  it won't match
any of the subdevices listed.  which actually makes sense
because this is, alledgedly a TA, so i should be able to write
good old AT/ST commands.

i'm suspicious of that however and have a feeling that the TA
bit of this my be implemented in the windows driver (i.e. it's
not a TA - just marketing shit and winbloat) leaving me to add a
further identifier to the iwic driver to match the card and use
i4b stuff as is.

> In any case, if you want to make a driver for an ISDN chip in BSD, you
> should probably take one of the existing i4b layer1 drivers as a base.
> You must implement the i4b internal l1mux interface towards the stack,
> which is quite different from anything "regular" drivers do.

if this really is a TA then i won't have to do that.  that's why
i want to get the basic IO working to see if the card will
respond to the AT/ST commands in the expected manner.  if it
doesn't then i'll need to go try hack the iwic driver and test
that.

> The bus probe/attach/intr functions are quite basic PCI stuff for them
> too, though (usually split into <driver>_<bustype>.c).

ehm, ok.  but that's not what i need to know.  no offense.