Logging incoming & outgoing phone calls

Benjamin Walkenhorst krylon at gmx.net
Mon Sep 20 11:49:15 PDT 2004

Hello,

After being offline for more than half a year, I finally got DSL. =)
Now I still got that AVM A1 (ISA, non-PnP) around, which I would like to
use to log phone calls.

In case it matters, the machine I want to use for that runs NetBSD
1.6.2.

I already recompiled my kernel, the isdn card is detected fine at
startup. But isdnd refuses to start, complaining about syntax errors in
the configuration.
It's been a while since I used I4B, so ... I'm pretty much at a loss
here. I hope somebody will be able to help me:

My isdn card is detected like this at startup:
isic0 at isa0 port 0x340-0x347 irq 5
isic0: AVM A1 or AVM Fritz!Card
isic0: ISAC 2085 Version A1/A2 or 2086/2186 Version 1.1 (IOM-2)
isic0: HSCX 82525 or 21525 Version 2.1
BRI 0 at isic0

When I boot the machine, however, isdnd is not running.
I tried starting it manually:
20:39:48|wintermute:~:: sudo /etc/rc.d/isdnd start
Starting isdnd.
20:39:53|wintermute:~:: isdnd: configuration error: syntax error at line
76, token "" isdnd: there were 1 error(s) in the configuration file,
terminating!

I copied the example isdnd.rc from /usr/share/examples, for the
isdnd.rates file, I used the isdnd.rates.A from the examples.

I left isdnd.rc nearly untouched, just disabling monitoring and removing
all the entry sections:
 system
      5
      6 # accounting
      7 # ----------
      8
      9 acctall         = on                    # generate info for
everything     10 acctfile        = /var/log/isdnd.acct   # name &
location of accounting file     11 useacctfile     = yes
  # generate accouting info to file     12
     13 # monitor
     14 # -------
     15
     16 monitor-allowed = no                    # global switch: monitor
on/off     17 monitor-port    = 451                   # default monitor
TCP port     18
     19 # ratesfile
     20 # ---------
     21
     22 ratesfile       = /etc/isdn/isdnd.rates # name & location of
rates file     23
     24 # regular expression pattern matching
     25 # -----------------------------------
     26
     27 #regexpr        = "connected.*KTS"      # look for matches in
log messages     28 #regprog        = connectKTS            # execute
program when match is found     29
     30 # realtime priority section
     32
     33 rtprio          = 25                    # modify isdnd's process
priority     34

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
Thank you very much in advance,
Benjamin

--
If cars had improved at [the computer industry's] rate, a Rolls Royce
would now cost 10 dollars and get a billion miles per gallon.