AVM ISDN Fritz 2.0 PCI card

Andy Gale andy at inty.com
Tue Jan 27 08:44:45 PST 2004

Hello all,

Previously we've been using the internal, passive AMV Fritz PCI 1.0
card. This works perfectly with my system (4.7-RELEASE, i4b and user
land PPP) and I've had no problems. I am now forced to upgrade to the
version 2 PCI card. According to the kernel config, the card is
supported so this should not of presented a problem.

I recompiled my 4.7-RELEASE kernel, including the ipfi2 (in quotes)
device and although initially the ISDN connection was established, my
box soon locked up and stopped responding to key presses - requiring a
reboot.

I then built a 4.9-RELEASE box from scratch, recompiled the kernel to
include i4b, ipfi2 etc, setup PPP, isdnd and attempted to dial up with
my ISDN line. Once again the box locked up, failed to respond to key
presses and required a reboot.

Is anyone using the version 2.0 Fritz ISDN card with any reliability? If
so could you offer my some pointers as to how to get a setup that will
work reliably with this card?

Best Regards,

Andy
--
Andy Gale
Developer, intY Ltd, Bristol, UK

The information contained in this e-mail message and any files
transmitted with it is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is
intended only for the addressee and others authorised to receive it. If
you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the message to the intended recipient you are advised that
you have received the e-mail in error and that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of the e-mail
and its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please
advise the sender immediately if you are not the intended recipient.

intY has scanned this email for all known viruses (www.inty.com)