64k isdn setup

Gary Jennejohn garyj at jennejohn.org
Sat Nov 29 11:25:29 PST 2003

Terry writes:
> I've setup isdn4bsd its working fine the only problem is its bonding the
> channels to 128k and my isp only provides 64k with my monthly contract.
> So i get charged 2 x local call charges for using 128.
> So i need to be a 100% sure im only going to connect at 64k and im not
> sure where to set that option

You're obviously using /usr/sbin/ppp, since channel bonding only works
with it.

Have you tried reading the ppp man page?

The other possibility is to use an isp-interface, which doesn't support
bonding at all.

Anyway, the quick way to limit ppp to only one channel is to make sure
that you do NOT have ``set device /dev/i4brbch0 /dev/i4brbch1'' in
/etc/ppp/ppp.conf. You want ``set device /dev/i4brbch0'' instead, i.e.
only use one channel.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de