SOLVED! Re: how dangerous would it be to switch to 5.1-current?

un1du2el un1du2el at gmx.net
Wed Nov 19 23:52:33 PST 2003

It's working! But I don't know exactly why...

I did the following:

1. Change setup to isppp
2. Test => failed
3. Put in an AVM Fritz PCI v2
4. Rebuild kernel with new device ifpi2, reboot
5. Test => failed
6. Removed AVM Fritz PCI v2
7. Rebuild kernel with old device isic, reboot
8. Change BIOS setting "PNP OS = no"
9. Change BIOS setting "Resource configuration = auto"
10. Change setup to tun0
11. Test => passed

So what I actually did was to change two BIOS settings (which I changed
to "PNP=YES", "configuration=manual, reserve irq5 for isa" after the
first test yesterday failed) and recompile the kernel one more time.

Markus D.