PCI ISDN card with 3.3V ability ?

Andrew Gordon arg-bsd at arg1.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 4 06:51:42 PDT 2003

On Fri, 4 Jul 2003, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Are there any PCI ISDN cards which work in a 3.3V only PCI slot ?

Yes.  The AVM Fritz!PCI version 2  (version 2 has been out a long time,
you're unlikely to find any version 1 left at retail).  'ifpi2' driver.

If you're thinking "Soekris net4501", that's the configuration I used.
The +5V requirement of the card is at the limit of what the on-board
linear regulator can provide; in my application I used an external +5V
supply (as there was other stuff needing +5V too), but it did work off the
on-board supply when I first tested it.

Other options include boards based on the Cologne Chip Design HFC chip; I
have an "ASUS ISDNLINK 128K model P-IN100-ST-D" which uses this chip and
is definitely a 3V3 card, but I don't know what driver support is like
(the 'ihfc' driver hadn't been committed when I got this card, and I
haven't tested it since).  I could give it a test if this card is of
particular interest.

Regards,

Andrew Gordon.