how to influence the number transmitted after connecting

Nicolas Rachinsky list at rachinsky.de
Tue Aug 19 03:17:58 PDT 2003

* Helge Oldach <3321861203 at oldach.net> [2003-08-19 07:07 +0200]:
> Nicolas Rachinsky:
> > how can I influence the number which is transmitted to the caller
> > after accepting a call with i4btel?
> >
> > |-- NT->TE - unit:2 - frame:244770 - time:19.08 01:00:19.162098 -
> > |length:29 -----
> > |Q931: pd=Q.931/I.451, cr=0x01 (from destination), message=CONNECT:
> > |     [date/time: 19.08.03 01:00]
> > |     [connected number (Q.951): 8914959497 (type=national, plan=ISDN,
> >                                  ^this one
> > |          presentation allowed, screening network provided)]
>
> You can't, generally. While Q.931 permits the call originator to
> transmit arbitrary digits as his "number", the network generally
> restricts this to the digits matching the real number. Note "screening
> network provided" which clearly says that the number you are seeing in
> this example is provided by the switch.

I called my own computer (on the same S0 bus) and the above is
the packet going to my phone. I have ten numbers here, and if I don't
transmit one of these to the calling party my telco adds the number
above to it. But I want to be able to transmit a number (out of my
ten) because the calling party should not get the other number (for
personal reasons).

How can I ask i4b to transmit a number to the calling party?

> There are certain cases (usually PRI connections, once they are
> configured for "CLIP - no screening") which allow to transmit arbitrary
> numbers. Theoretically this is also possible for BRI, but it isn't done,
> for obvious reasons.

I don't want to transmit an arbitrary number but in fact the called
number.

At the moment it happens in the following way:

caller calls ...8
i4b answers the call without transmitting any number
telco adds ...7 to the information going to the caller

I want it the following way:

caller calls ...8
i4b answers the call an transmits ...8
telco transmits ...8 to the caller