Bugs in isdnmonitor?

Hellmuth Michaelis hm at kts.org
Sun Apr 6 08:32:04 PDT 2003

Markus Dolze wrote:

> Now my questions:
> 1. To whom can I talk directly to get more information about that? Who
> maintains the i4b part?
> 2. Can someone confirm this?
> 3. Should I file an offical bug? Can I do this at all?

I haven't looked at isdnmonitor for quite some time now and i'm not
astonished if someone digs out 20-30 bugs from isdnmonitor, the
part in isdnd which handles monitoring and the protocol which is
used to communicate between both.

As far as i remember, the protocol itself is suboptimal ...

To answer your questions:

1) you are possibly the one who has the most informations on the
subject; i try to maintain i4b although i have not done anything
for quite some time now - i'd like to do more but i don't find
time and patience anymore in these days.

2) see 1).

3) use send-pr to file a bug. Including a good description and a
tested patch raises the chance to get the bug fixed. If you add
_any_ new features or functionality, make diffs/patches on -current
(5.x currently) since this is the platform for _new_ stuff to add
(_new_ stuff gets added _only_ to -current and if it works it will
perhaps be merged int 4.x - since 5.0 has just been released, its
just a matter of time when 4.x will disappear [from the forhead of
the developers]; already it makes not much sense to me to develop
on 4.x anymore ..).

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis       Hamburg, Europe       hm\at\kts.org        www.kts.org
a duck is like a bicycle because they both have two wheels except the duck (tl)