ipfw nat64lsn <name> stats / collectd

Marco van Tol marco at tols.org
Fri Feb 7 15:52:38 UTC 2020

Hi there,

I intend to write a collectd module to collect the items that are also in the output of "ipfw nat64lsn <name> stats".

My primary reason to look into this is to have a trend graph of the number of states used by nat64lsn.

I was hoping to be able to pull this from some sysctl, but looking at /usr/src/sbin/ipfw/nat64lsn.c, I don't think that's available.
Is there something similar available?

The alternative is to pipe the output of "ipfw nat64lsn <name> stats" through something, but I was hoping to prevent needing to do that :)

Thank you very much in advance!

Marco van Tol