your thoughts on a particualar ipfw action.

Dr. Rolf Jansen rj at obsigna.com
Mon Aug 8 21:47:08 UTC 2016

I am almost finished with preparing the tools for geo-blocking and geo-routing at the firewall for submission to the FreeBSD ports.

I created a man file for the tools, see: https://cyclaero.github.io/ipdb/, and I added the recent suggestions on rule number/action code per country code, namely, I changed the formula for the x-flag to the suggestion of Ian (value = offset + ((C1 - 'A')*26 + (C2 - 'A'))*10), and I added the idea of directly assigning a number to a country code in the argument for the t-flag ("CC=nnnnn:...").

Furthermore, I removed the divert filter daemon from the Makefile. The source is still on GitHub, though, and can be re-vamped if necessary.

Now I am going to prepare the Makefile for the port.

In the meantime, please can a native English speaker look at said man file (s. link above)? I know, that my English is lacking, and any corrections would be highly welcome.

Best regards

Rolf