HEADS UP: Merging projects/ipfw to HEAD

Alexander V. Chernikov melifaro at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 5 16:45:06 UTC 2014

On 05.10.2014 20:33, Jan Bramkamp wrote:
> On 04.10.2014 14:35, Alexander V. Chernikov wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to merge projects/ipfw branch to HEAD in the middle of next
>> week.
>>
>> What has changed:
>>
>> Main user-visible changes are related to tables:
>>
>> * Tables are now identified by names, not numbers. There can be up to
>> 65k tables with up to 63-byte long names.
>> * Tables are now set-aware (default off), so you can switch/move them
>> atomically with rules.
>> * More functionality is supported (swap, lock, limits, user-level
>> lookup, batched add/del) by generic table code.
>> * New table types are added (flow) so you can match multiple packet
>> fields at once.
>> * Ability to add different type of lookup algorithms for particular
>> table type has been added.
>> * New table algorithms are added (cidr:hash, iface:array, number:array
>> and flow:hash) to make certain types of lookup more effective.
>> * Table value are now capable of holding multiple data fields for
>> different tablearg users
> Are IPv6 addresses supported as tablearg (in fwd)?
Well, _currently_ not.
However, it can be done in 1-2 hours of work.
You already can specify IPv6 address as one of the value types for tablearg,
the only thing that needs to be implemented is runtime code that applies
this tablearg.