kern/128260: [ipfw] [patch] ipfw_divert damages IPv6 packets

Bjorn Danielsson fbsd at 50days.dax.nu
Fri Mar 4 19:05:40 UTC 2011

Sergey Matveychuk <sem33 at yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> Here is my patch for IPv6 divert. It works for me, but it should be
> reviewed and may be improved.
>
> I've touched nd6.c to prevent looping packet to local address (loopback).
>
> Any questions are welcome.

I needed one more change for my "options IPDIVERT" enabled kernel:

#include "opt_inet6.h"

which I put right after "opt_inet.h" under the !defined(KLD_MODULE)
condition at the beginning of netinet/ip_divert.c. Without this
change my divert socket could read but not write IPv6 packets.

I am not familiar with the FreeBSD kernel so this was based on
a guess after noticing how INET6 was handled in other places.

Both copying the incoming sockaddr_in and creating a new one using
INADDR_ANY seems to work in sendto(), after this change. I haven't
tried any packet rewriting yet but I'll be testing that very soon.

Many thanks Sergey for contributing this patch!