IPFW extension for traffic classification based on statistical properties

Sebastian Zander szander at swin.edu.au
Thu Feb 3 03:28:14 UTC 2011

Hi all,

We believe this may be of some interest to list members, and
apologise in advance for any duplicates you may receive.

We are pleased to announce DIFFUSE v0.2, our second release of a
system enabling FreeBSD's IPFW firewall subsystem to classify IP
traffic based on statistical traffic properties and separate
flow classification and treatment.

This release contains a number of bug fixes as well as a number
of new features. Most notably version 0.2 contains tools to
build classifier models, and a feature module and classifier model
to classify Skype traffic. Furthermore, there is a Linux version
of DIFFUSE now.

The project site is http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/diffuse and
the source code can be downloaded directly from
http://caia.swin.edu.au/urp/diffuse/downloads.html.

The software was developed as part of the DIFFUSE research project
at Swinburne University's Centre for Advanced Internet Architectures.
The project has been made possible in part by a grant from the
Cisco University Research Program Fund at Community Foundation
Silicon Valley.

We welcome your feedback and hope you enjoy playing with the code
and tools.

Cheers,

Sebastian Zander and Grenville Armitage

http://caia.swin.edu.au