amd64/148157: IPFW in kernel nat BUG found in FreeBSD 8.1-PRERELEASE

Garrett Cooper yanefbsd at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 07:10:03 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR amd64/148157; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Garrett Cooper <yanefbsd at gmail.com>
To: Shant Kassardjian <pookme at hotmail.com>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: amd64/148157: IPFW in kernel nat BUG found in FreeBSD
	8.1-PRERELEASE
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2010 00:04:16 -0700

 Hi Shant,
     Please bottom post from here on out.

 On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 11:47 PM, Shant Kassardjian <pookme at hotmail.com> wrote:
 > Hi Garrett,
 >

 > I just tried to perform a kernel dump with dumpdev="YES" and had no luck, I
 > keep getting:

 dumpdev="<blah>" always appears to fail to me as well (contrary to
 what others have claimed). Try doing the following after booting up:

 dumpon `awk '$3 == swap { print $1 }'`

 Then you'll be able to reproduce the problem and grab the resulting
 kernel core dump.

 > Cannot dump. Device not defined or unavailable.
 >
 > my custom kernel is set to disable:
 >

 > #options KTRACE # ktrace(1) support
 >
 > #options KDTRACE_FRAME # Ensure frames are compiled in
 > #options KDTRACE_HOOKS # Kernel DTrace hooks
 >
 > must recompile kernel to enable tracing?

 No.