conf/148137: [ipfw] call order of natd and ipfw startup scripts

candy-sendpr at kgc.co.jp candy-sendpr at kgc.co.jp
Wed Jul 14 02:10:10 UTC 2010

The following reply was made to PR conf/148137; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: candy-sendpr at kgc.co.jp
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, vnovy at vnovy.ne, freebsd-ipfw at FreeBSD.org
Cc: candy-sendpr at kgc.co.jp
Subject: Re: conf/148137: [ipfw] call order of natd and ipfw startup scripts
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:41:57 +0900 (JST)

 Fix:
 Just copy 8.0-RELEASE version /etc/rc.d/ipfw script to your 8.1 box :-)

 It seems /etc/rc.d/ipfw 1.21.2.2's bug.

 <URL:http://www.jp.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/etc/rc.d/ipfw.diff?r1=text&tr1=1.21&r2=text&tr2=1.21.2.2>

 It moved `/etc/rc.d/natd quietstart' sequence
 from ipfw_start() to ipfw_poststart().

 Natd(8) must be started before ipfw(8) rules are proceeded.
 Should be in ipfw_prestart() or ipfw_start().

 KANDA Toshihiro <candy-sendpr at kgc.co.jp>