Any *Working* Examples of kernel-based (IPFW2-based) NAT onFreeBSD 7.1-STABLE?

Holger Rauch holger.rauch at empic.de
Fri Jun 26 08:54:51 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm having trouble setting up "hide NAT" (hiding several internal
addresses "behind" an external one) and "1:1 NAT" (one certain
external IP address for each corresponding internal one) on a FreeBSD
7.1-STABLE system (AMD64 architecture).

My questions:

- Does kernel-based (IPFW2-based) NAT work at all with FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE?

- If so, can someone please provide some working examples?

- In case it doesn't, do you recommend me to use user-space natd
  instaed?

- For user-space natd, it's probably best to run two instances like
  the natd man page suggests?

In case someone is interested in further details, please take a look
at my previous message posted to this list:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ipfw/2009-June/003909.html

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Kind regards,

     Holger