dummynet issues

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Dec 1 00:34:23 UTC 2009

Oleg Bulyzhin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 03:38:50PM -0500, Ben Kelly wrote:
>> I've also run into the problem recently on 9-CURRENT (last synced on 11/13/2009).  My configuration looks like:
>>

> My quick attempt to reproduce the issue failed. Perhaps i'm missing something.
>
> How are you measuring connection bandwidth?

Just an aside - queue weights only come into play when queues are
full.  If you don't specify the queue size in terms of entries as
opposed to bytes, you may not get the behavior you expect with
small packets.

What's your nominal connect rate in each direction?  Your pipe should
be that size or smaller, of course.

Another aside - in practice, bulk traffic is at MTU size, and interactive
packets or naked TCP ACKs are small.   iplen alone is sufficient for the
packets you want to assign a lower weight.

--
Michael Sierchio
+1 415 378 1182
kudzu at tenebras.com