TOS/DSCP

Marcelo Araujo araujobsdport at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 03:18:13 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 12:24:31PM +0200, Marcel Grandemange wrote:
> Good day,
>
> It would be great if someone could show me an example of how to make ipfw
> rules based on TOS.
> I have a external box that marks all p2p packets and gives them the TOS of
> 8.
> What Id like to do is build rules on the bsd machine that can match those
> packets with TOS 8..
>
> Examples anyone?

Hello dear Marcel,

Some time ago I did a research about FreeBSD and QoS. With this research I
started to developing and organize some patchs for IPFW, but these aren't
finished, however you can use that.

About ToS and IPFW:
http://code.google.com/p/exports/wiki/ToSWorkAround

About DSCP and IPFW:
http://code.google.com/p/exports/wiki/DSCPWorkAround

It was started also a new user function called *modip* that indeed just
together some tools to provide a QoS implementation.

Patch of MODIP:
http://people.freebsd.org/~araujo/logs/ipfw-modip20080324.diff

How you can use that:
ipfw add 10 modip tos:lowdelay ip from any to any
ipfw add 11 modip dscp:af14 ip from any to any
ipfw add 12 modip ippre:flash ip from any to any

Bye for now,
Best Regards,
--
Marcelo Araujo